FIVERR PROGRAMMER HAS HIJACKED MY SITE
This is current and I am waiting on Fiverr as I type but I wanted to share this experience.
This is my first time using Fiverr and I am speechless! I know some of you are saying ‘serves you right’ but I have never had this issue before with Odesk or Frelancer,
The site has been down over a week while I find someone to get it working – resulting in the loss of serious Christmas orders.
In a nutshell here’s what happened:
- The WP Ecommerce plugin disappeared from my site www.papermagnolia.com (btw I don’t recommend this plugin but this is an old site and we are winding down the business)
- After some to-ing & fro-ing to get them logged in ‘talkative’ got it to show up
- BUT it wasn’t working – couldn’t add anything to cart??
- When I questioned it – they said ”
- “Dear Sir,
First of all your problem was wpecommerce disappear now all thing appear after our work ,
About add to cart work that is separate issue,
First mark order as complete . because gig was order for disappear ecommerce but now showing properly
Then we will see your add to cart empty issue then tell you how much time it will take and price.
- “Dear Sir,
- Obviously there is a communication / language issue here….
- I refuted it and said I expect it to work
- They told me to close the job off and ‘give us good rating’ and they would look at it
- I said no
- more to-ing & fro-ing
- The got it working and kept insisting I close it off and give good rating
- It looked all wrong – you can see from the pics below
- I went into the settings and was trying to see if I can get it looking like it did before – if it did then i was going to close off the job,
WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS LOCKED OUT!!
- When I questioned if they locked me out AND TURNED THE CART OFF they were evasive
- They finally admitted that unless i closed off and gave good rating it would remain as such
I AM DUMBFOUNDED!!!!!
I HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH AN EXPERIENCE!!
THEIR ARROGANCE IS ASTOUNDING!!
- I am not giving into their demands as I have no guarantee – there is no trust now
- The irony was that if I got the settings sorted I would have closed it off…
- I put in a ‘request’ to fiverr but the link and request follow up aren’t working!!!!
So I thought I would put it all here so that no-one else has this experience and the Fiverr customer service can read the story – as I can’t submit on their site and I have a full day out of the office!!
BTW Fiverr CS – you are free to read all of this on the message string – it’s all there…..