Customer Service TIPS
Without Exceptional Customer Service, any business cannot thrive, grow or survive long term.
The Internet and Social Media have meant that customers can share their experiences, good & bad, immediately.
Here are some tips to help elevate your Customer Service Experience:
- Know that Customer Service is giving your customer what they want, when they want it, not just the greeting as they come into your business.
- Remember that customer Service is just good manners applied to your business, your customer and every interaction you have. Be Respectful especially in cases where there has been a less than positive experience, this will ensure emotions do not get in the way of resolving the issue positively.
- Be Genuine. Smile when speaking to customers (especially on the phone), people respond immediately when others smile at them. It will also mean that they associate you with a positive experience. People are always happy to do things that make them feel good repeatedly which is good for your business.
- Take Customer comments, feedback and complaints as tools to help shape future behaviour. if something had a great response, do it again, apply it to other areas of your business & promote it. Use complaints to put in systems and procedures to ensure this does not happen again.
- Every single person in your business needs to value the same Customer Service standards and values. Training, reinforcement and feedback are vital for any business owner and their staff.